Woodville Hall

Woodville Hall is still standing [2004], though it was somewhat altered when the new school buildings were added to it in the 1930s. It is mentioned on two pages in 'Forest Hill and Sydenham in Old Photographs', with pictures and more information. The boundary of the Lewisham and Camberwell parishes ran between Woodville Hall and Oaklands, leaving the house in Camberwell, but a small part of the gardens in Lewisham. The boundary was adjusted along the centre of Honor Oak Park and Forest Hill Road in 1900, as shown on the 1921 map, which means that the school is now in the Borough of Southwark. John Armitage is listed at Woodville Hall in various local directories between 1858 and 1867.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License