Brockley Cemetery

Brockley Road/Ivy Road/Ladywell Road, Brockley, SE4

Brockley Cemetery, originally known as Deptford Cemetery was established when the parish burial ground of St Paul's was full. Designed by William Morphew of Tinkler & Morphew. Lewisham Burial Board had already purchased a plot of land here for what is now Ladywell Cemetery, so Deptford Burial Board bought the adjacent plot and appointed the same cemetery architects. A low wall separated the two until 1948, which is traceable as a bank. In 1965 both came under the new London Borough of Lewisham but retain separate records. Brockley Cemetery today is more wooded than Ladywell and the tombs are generally grander and less densely packed.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License