A/18/002 West Kent Cricket Club Collection


This collection contains items relating to the 69th and 70th season of the West Kent Cricket Club. The West Kent CC was originally formed as Prince's Plain Cricket Club, founded in 1812 with its headquarters on Bromley Common, but lost its ground in 1821 due to the enclosure of Bromley Common. The club was rescued by an offer from the Chislehurst authorities to let them establish a new ground on Chislehurst Common. In 1876, three small local clubs amalgamated and called themselves the Chislehurst Cricket Club and agreement was reached so that the two clubs shared Cricket Ground Road for the next 100 years. West Kent CC was dissolved in 1980 and the Chislehurst club, now known as the Chislehurst and West Kent Cricket Club, has sole use of the ground.

Acquired by: Donation
Access: This is only a collection level listing access is restricted; contact the Local History and Archives Centre.
Date of accession: 24 January 2018
Accession number: A/18/2
Covering Dates: 1924 - 1925
Extent: 2 Items

This wiki is still being developed and subject to change. Please bear with us until it is completed. If you have any suggestions for improvements or inclusions please let us know. Click here to contact us


by Local History and Archives Centre, Lewisham and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License