A/18/001 St Peter’s College Collection


This collection contains a booklet of postcards relating to St Peter’s College, Lewisham. It was situated in Loampit Vale in Lewisham and called Ellerslie House, it was a private house originally in the late 18th century for the brothers John and Henry Lee brick makers of Loampit Hill whose brickfields lay all around. It became a "college" for young ladies and preparatory school on the Pestalozzian system c1860 and was still a private school for girls in 1884 when Mrs C Russell Roberts was the proprietor. By 1886 it had become the Herrick Foundation School for boys, and it was later known as St Peter's College. The house was demolished in 1938 when Grover Court was built on the site.

Acquired by: Donation
Access: Open.
Date of accession: 11 January 2018
Accession number: A/18/1
Covering Dates: Undated
Extent: 1 Item

A/18/1/1 Booklet of postcards relating to St Peter’s College, Lewisham Undated
1 Item

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License